I got my shoes tied tight....
I don't remember any more words. But that's okay, because my son wears velcro shoes and I really hope he doesn't turn out like Billy Madison. And it's not really back to school, because it's going to school for the first time. And that means... school supplies! I love school supplies.
Yeah, preschoolers don't need backpacks. Neither do toddlers. But I couldn't not buy them. Really what happened is I saw the apple one, and thought it would be perfect for my daughter. But no, she doesn't need a backpack. So I got the school bus one. Both the kids liked it so much that I decided the get the apple one when I was at the store today. Because I have a feeling nothing this cute will be for the having in a couple years when she's ready for preschool. And we've been using them for library trips. To justify the expense, you know. Put them to use.
I didn't think I'd do the preschool thing. I mean, I'm home. I could teach him. And what's all this about a hundred dollars for preschool? A month? No thanks. I had some people that wanted to get together and do joy school. More work, but more free.
But when this opportunity came up, it seemed right. It's run by the district, and my friend says the teachers are awesome. It's within walking distance. And with all the behavior problems we've been having in nursery lately, I figured the more practice the better, right? I think the social aspect will be excellent for him.
side note: my kid is not horrible. But nursery dealt him a double whammy all at once: the addition of his sister, and the splitting of nursery classes so he has to go straight from sacrament meeting to his lesson time. And all he wants to do is play toys. It's a hard adjustment. So there's been yelling and a little pushing (but only his sister. I guess he figures it's okay to push his sister at church, right? He does it every other day of the week, no problem.)
So we're getting all hyped up for preschool. Yesterday he packed his backpack for preschool (a water bottle and a matchbox car). He was all set to go. It's hard to remember that September is a long time away.
And I didn't think I would feel like this, but it's going to be a little weird and sad. I'm excited for him to go learn and grow. But I'm not going to be the only teacher he has anymore. (Yes, there is his nursery teachers, but that's only two hours a week.) And now for two hours a day, four days a week, I won't get to see his adventures. That's a lot of time.
But I'm pretty sure we'll both love it. And I think sister will also enjoy having a little bit of only child time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment